Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Texturizing shears, aka "CHUNKERS"

So, I bought a pair of Kenchii Texturizing shears.

Ummm, anybody wanna tell me what they do? LOL, I just thought they were cool when I saw them at a dog show today, I'd like to know what they do and why I will like them, lol.

Tammy in Utah
    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Chunkers refer to a blending shear that has fewer teeth with bigger gaps between. These shears are used just like a straight edged shear but give a softer look. They take out LOTS of hair and should be used on the outside of a coat unlike a 40 (or so) tooth blender that can be used close to the skin.

You will love your new blender for finish work on poodles and bichons after you have set you lines you can use them to finish up the legs or whatever to give it a softer look.

Most important thing to remember is they take out lots of coat and should be used like a straight shear not like a regular blender. Enjoy! You'll wonder how you ever survived without them

LOL Tammy!!! If that's not what the definition of a spontaneous purchace.............oooooohhhhhh sooo pretty and shiny, I want it.....whatever it does......lol......

Sorry, couldn't help but pick on you a little. I got a big chuckle out of your post for some reason. I'll also be interested in seeing what the answer is ;-)
    SheilaB from SC

I use them quite a bit for going over a trim just to get the sticky outies off.

I trim the bottom of poodle ears with them just to take off the uneven hairs.

I use them on the britches of double coated dogs...poms, Eskies, collies and such. Takes hair away with out leaving scissor marks.

Some of my terriers also get them on their bodies just to even up the toplines.

I love mine.

You will love them! I use them the same as S_Toast and Fast Ellie! Give a really nice finish to your poo's and bichon's by just going over the whole dog. Really softens it up. Of course, in a competition I have yet to use them, never have enough time!!! LOL
    What does a dog do on it's day off?

Quote Originally Posted by sheilabgroomer View Post
    LOL Tammy!!! If that's not what the definition of a spontaneous purchace.............oooooohhhhhh sooo pretty and shiny, I want it.....whatever it does......lol......
    *blush. Im guilty of the same thing. DH says I musta been a magpie in a past life because I love shiny stuff. A couple of years ago I was perusing the goods in this cool little store downtown. Man, they had EVERYTHING! I was attracted to a pair of beautiful, rainbow-colored stainless steel balls in a delicate velvet-lined hand-carved wooden box. They weren't anything fancy and seemed to serve no useful purpose, but they were SO pretty and so beautifully finished with laser etched scrollwork and shiny colors that I just had to have em. I paid for my purchase, went home, and proudly displayed them in their box on the mantle.

When my husband got home, the first thing he noticed was my new acquisition. Puzzled, he went over and looked at them, picked them up, shook them a little, looked at me, looked at them, then very gingerly put them back in their case. "So," he inquired with a gleam in his eye and an evil grin, "where'd ya get the ben-wa balls?"

He still teases me about it from time to time. How was I supposed to know they were a sex toy??? It's not like there were instructions or diagrams with 'em! Does this make you feel a teeny bit better, Tammy?
    Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
    George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Default LMAO, Puppyfluffer!!

Hadeehahaha! Funneeeeee!

I have a pair of chunkers from Geib and I just love them! I too use them on the fluffy butt britches of poms, shelties, etc. However at Hershey I was at a few seminars where I saw groomers use them on Poodles, Bichons, etc. as a finishing shear! So I'll have to try them on my next curly fluffy puppy that comes in!

LOL Pink

oh my gosh (lol)...blush....I had to google ben-wa-balls, I didn't know what they were. Um..back to to the chunkers, let us know how you liked them, I looked at chunckers in the catalogs, but didn't know how to use them either

Ah, Puppy...at least you bought something useful. *waggles eyebrows* >

Puppyfluffer that is way too funny. I too had to google it to find out what they were. Please tell me it wasn't a second hand store you bought them in......haha....okay j/t. Funny story, had my laugh for today.

I use mine to tip up the edges of double-coated or long haired dogs. Especially love them on Golden Retriever "edges" as well as Shelties, Am. Eskimo, newfies, Aussies, etc.

Ben Wa Balls !!?? I have seen those in stores and thought they were to exercise your hands! Dang it -- the clerks are always rolling them back and forth in one hand! The things I have learned on Pet Groomer! LOL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast