LOL Pink Old English Sheep dog groom

ok all you experienced groomers, owner wants a short cut all over an Old English, recommendations on body and head please..thanks in advance

Default O.E.S. grooming

Exactly what does "short cut" mean? Make sure you have this really clear before the owners leave your shop.

It may mean naked; 7f A/O, (hopefully not IMO) or it may mean a nice stylish shortend style; anything from an "E" ss comb to a "0" ss comb blended down to a slightly fuller leg. the length should be decided by the size of the dog, if it is quite large then a longer body is usually a good idea. the head should be comparable to balance the body.

Take apeak at the OES DVD clip on the SuperStylingSessions that Jay and Sue have on their website. It will give you a good idea. If the dog is matted you may have no choice but to make him naked.

sittingpretty

i have one here who gets a 5/8 body & a C or A comb leg & head. If he comes in soon I will post a pic. But it is a soft & cuddly length, and easier to manage for the owners.
    Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
    www.ChrisSertzel.com

Basically, it's like doing any mixed breed. Those OES owners who request a short clip already know the dog is matted! Maybe it won't be too bad and you can make it cute.

I think that OES look super cute with a #3f on the body and then use a 3/4 in or a 1in comb attachment for the legs. We have an OES that we give this cut to along with a wheaten head. It looks stinkin' cute, especially with the wheaten head. I LOVE wheaten heads on OES.

Good luck!

Clown

you know with a dog like that i think that a #7 is extremely short. you might want to go with like a #O or #1. but when all else fails, talk to the owner!! good luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by windfall4 View Post
    I think that OES look super cute with a #3f on the body and then use a 3/4 in or a 1in comb attachment for the legs. We have an OES that we give this cut to along with a wheaten head. It looks stinkin' cute, especially with the wheaten head.
    The one and only time I ever did a short clip on an OES was pretty much exactly like you described. And you're right, it is really stinkin' cute!
    Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
    George Sand (1804 - 1876)

I do a few and always use an attachment trimming up all stray hairs. Never had a complaint but definately start off longer