Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Red face Show Season Products

Hi Everyone,
    Please be gentle with me. Although I registered on this forum years ago I haven't had a clue how to use it, :-) I hope you all forgive me.

I have recently been introduced to 'Show Season products' from USA on an UK forum and really find some of them very useful. Unfortunately the only supplier in the UK have now stopped importing these products because of ill health. My questions are:
    Do groomers in the USA use Show Season products and what do you think of them?

I'm wondering if I get enough good response from you guys if it will be worth my while trying to sell them in this country.

Please let me know if you have an opinion, either 'for' or against' Show Season products.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

I look forward to hearing from you all.

Annette in England

Oh Annette you have come to the right place! I am a DIE HARD Show Seasons fanatic. It's ALL I use and I continually try new products and haven't found any that I feel does a better job than my beloved Show Seasons. I have found a few that I feel do just as good of a job but are usually twice the price. Their customer service is phenomenal and if you ever have a question about any of the products, a quick phone call is all it takes to get your question answered. My new love is the Down and Dirty! One of the clients my employee does has 2 Westies (I'm mobile by the way) and she had told me how she always has to wash these dogs 3 times because they hang out with their dad in the garage while he fixes cars and are always dingy, grey, covered it motor oil and other yuckiness. So I decided to order a gallon of the Down and Dirty. Well, my van was in the shop and she had these two westies to do and the owner agreed to let us do them in her home. I went to be her bather to make it easier and brought this shampoo for her to try. We gave each dog one bath and they were spotless. She said it was the first time she hadn't had to give multiple baths. The Results Rinse is another favorite of mine. LOVE LOVE LOVE the Speed Dry shampoo and spray, the hypo TrueTearless is also fabulous. I use that on all my faces. OK, haven't tried any of their products I haven't loved.
    I will always be open to trying other things because I only want to use the best for my clients, and for me Show Seasons is the BEST.

So I guess in a very long and overly wordy way I am trying to tell you that YES, I think it would be a great idea to carry the product in the UK!
    What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

I love show seasons shampoo and conditioner, however, I am not fond of their perfume. It simply does not last though it smells amazing. Now their shampoos and conditioners compare well to the much more expensive brands

I too, love SS products. Especially their Speed Dry shampoo. Their Foaming Face wash is great. My clients love that they do not have to rinse it off after washing with it. I think a distributership of SS products would be a very good idea.
    Lisa VanVleet, RVT

Default Show Season is wonderful

This line is truly terrific. The quality is fabulous, so I really enjoy it, although there are also things from other lines that I love. However, you could make do with just this one, and it's hard to beat.

Show Season 'Clean' is something I like to use on oily coats. I have also used the 'Down and Dirty', but like the fragrance of 'Clean' much better, so I didn't keep using the 'D and D' to keep comparing, lol.

Show Season Detangler Spray is pretty phenomenal. You can use it to help demat before the bath, or as a leave-in detangler on the damp coat after bathing. Very impressive - easier combing with less damage to coat.

Just tried the 'Kennel Fresh' for shop floors and crates; I love it.

I also see that they are now a distributor for SouthBark Blueberry Facial, which is a tremendous product, for dog's faces - tearless, smells great, brightens and lightens stains, and can be offered as an "add-on" spa feature for extra money, or maybe as a free inclusion for those monthly clients.

I think this line is one of the better lines, personally. I have groomed for 30+ years and enjoy having supplies that are above-average quality in my salon, and Show Season definitely qualifies.

Default Oh yes...

Also I have used their 'Soothe Medicated' shampoo, and it is terrific. They also have the spa line don't they? I think I have used the 'Revitalize', which was excellent.

You cannot go wrong with this line, in my opinion.

I can recall several years ago...meeting Sandy at a show.. nicest gal you would ever want to meet, products are AWESOME ! If you cannot find a distributor in your country... why not drop her line & ask her. Im sure if anyone would know .. she would and you will not be sorry for it... wonderful products & great service!

Smile Thank you ALL

Thank you All for your contributions. Having tried most of these myself, I'm glad you like them. I think it will be worth approaching Show Seasons to become a distributer here in the UK.

Wishing you all success.

Annette in Washington, England

LOVE ShowSeason. Tried it after my mom bought a sampler pack in Atlanta. We both loved it.

Now, I plan on using quite a bit of Show Season products in my mobile.

Hi Annette
    If you email me jenifer at watt-a-dog.co.uk I can give you some more info.
    we did have to stop for my DH's health but there are other issues re importing that you would need to know about if your thinking of taking it on.
    Jen

I guess I am in the minority. I LOVE the Show Season detangler. (the pink stuff ) It is a miracle worker and smells great. Being so impressed with the detangler, I ordered a few of their shampoos and didn't like any of them but I am scentmaniac. I like my dogs to leave the shop smelling great. (rather then just not smelling like dirty dog hehe)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadenlea View Post
    I guess I am in the minority. I LOVE the Show Season detangler. (the pink stuff ) It is a miracle worker and smells great. Being so impressed with the detangler, I ordered a few of their shampoos and didn't like any of them but I am scentmaniac. I like my dogs to leave the shop smelling great. (rather then just not smelling like dirty dog hehe)
    What shampoos do you use that leave a lasting scent? So far I'm not finding any that really last.
    Debi
    http://www.uppypuppydogsalon.com
    My life is lived in the company of dogs

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast