Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Hair clogging chair wheels or casters????

Do any of you have this problem? How do you easily remove the hair? I vacuum after each dog but while I'm working, the wheels will get a little hair in it and it makes it hard to roll. I don't groom in the chair totally, just when my feet start hurting I give them a rest.

A long time problem. I've seen stand dryers tip over and crash to the ground. For the design and floor plan module of the Grooming Business in a Box we are sharing a homemade fix where flexible but strong plastic weave or sometimes wire was used to create a "bell" over the caster that almost touches the floor and it keeps the hair out of the wheels. I don't have pix as yet.

Try using a fan on the floor, pointed so that it blows the hair away from where your chair is. That's what I do, and it works quite well.

In the past when having this issue once a week I just removed the hair from the wheels it was kind of a routine part of clean up

I use a stool without wheels and my stand dryer doesn't get hair in the wheels very much because I'm always sweeping up hair prior to using it (so I don't blow hair all over the place). I can't stand to have hair under my feet!!!!

just use your hemostats every now and then and clean em out

Default Things that kind of work

Haemostats every couple of weeks or so (with dryer base or chair up on a grooming table so you can see!) work OK and make the whells last longer. Sweeping a lot works.

Not doing undercoated breeds REALLY works, as it seems to be mostly hair like that that gets caught up.

I'm resigned to changing out some of the chair casters - they are too far gone now after 3 years!

Blowtorch. A bit smelly, but highly entertaining if you're a pyromaniac.
    Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
    George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Quote Originally Posted by PuppyFluffer View Post
    Blowtorch. A bit smelly, but highly entertaining if you're a pyromaniac.
    This technique works great on wire cages as well. I can see it being a bit messy on plastic casters however.....also, take them OUTSIDE before burning cause hair STINKS when burnt!
    My Blog The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

I use a lighter. It is not as hot as a blowtorch.
    "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
    People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Quote Originally Posted by Smart-n-Pretty View Post
    I use a lighter. It is not as hot as a blowtorch.
    And not nearly as much fun.
    Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
    George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Quote Originally Posted by PuppyFluffer View Post
    And not nearly as much fun.
    LMBO @ "PyroFluffer! I meant you won't melt the wheels with it.
    "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
    People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast