Agree A cockapoo cut... Really?

Well, I've been grooming for a few years now, and know that some styles are named relative to the dogs they're done on. Example, poodle cut (clean face+feet, pom tail) cocker trim, Bichon trim, etc. Now yesterday was a crazy day. It was just me, my fiance came to help wash the dogs. Assuming he'd be there all day, cuz that's what he'd said, I went ahead and booked 4 more dogs for myself, on top of the 5 I already had. Mind you, my first dog was a newfie. There's also a springer in the mix who has a tumor and needs someone to hold her up for parts of the groom. My fiance up and left to go fix a friends car just before the other four dogs are due to come streaming in. Now, I'll skip over the ensuing crazieness, and putting myself an hour behind... The last 2 dogs come waltzing in at 3. I greet them, it's a bichon and a cockapoo. Both look to already be in a 4 or 5 Ao. The bichons muzzle looks to be in a 7, top of the head in a 3. I ask what they want done with the dogs, he tells me he wants the bichon in a bichon trim. I just stopped in my tracks and stared at the dog for a minute, then said "well, what do you mean by that exactly? Cuz I can't do a Bichon trim on him, because he doesn't have enough hair on his head and face." He explains (none too clearly) what he means. I'm thinking about his explanation (Give him a moustache but don't shave his already 7f face.) And decide to just go with it and figure it out a little more as I groomed. Then I look at the little brown thing and ask about her haircut. The guy looks at me and says "She gets a cockapoo cut." I didn't even ask. I just smiled said ok and took the dog. I couldn't think of a way to ask wth without coming off as rude. The card for the dogs was no help. It said 7 F AO clean face for one and 4Ao on the other back in November. Anywho I did what the guy had told me, then... He comes back today! I'm like Goodie! I had to 10 in reverse uner his nose and bottom lip, 8 1/2 under his chin. The cockapoo, 3 on the ears, trim to leather and trim 5 curly hairs that were now sticking up on her head. Cockapoo cut.... Grrr lol I hope I never have to do those dogs again. But I did write down exactly what I did yesterday AND today so we'll know for next time.... Cockapoo cut.... Smile and nod, smile and nod.

Awww...other than your fiance bailing on you...why would you never want to do those dogs again? (Careful...you'll be pleading for them to come back 3rd week in August, lol!)

I actually have had a "Cock-a-Poo" labeled trim for many years...I think a lot of groomers do. An SO comb (of varying length) on the body, scissor in the legs, Teddy style head. Pretty straightforward, maybe tailor a little of "this-or-that" to owner specs...but fairly easy.
    For us that is. Don't try to have an owner explain it to you. It's like you trying to tell a surgeon how exactly to remove your appendix.

Sounds like all things considered...you did pretty good and survived!
    Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

at least you wrote it down just in case they do ever show up again. Just the other day i had a new malti-poo that the mom told me she didnt want a square bichon head (interesting right? lol) and not a poodle clip or a maltese look. So we settled for a 5 ao with a very odd looking tb head ( she had decided to help out and cut the top of the head to where she wanted it beforehand....ugh)

Really Big Laugh Oh I left this out...

This was another fun part that I didn't mention, the bichon, who IS fixed, his thingy came out, like all the way, got hair stuck to it and didn't want to go back in..... I eventually took him in back and wiped it off with a wet towel (COLD water) and it went back in before he went home but I was sitting there going "Oh, great just what I need." And the look on my fiance's face when I told him what was going on with the dogs... thingy. Priceless, he went "What do you mean it can't go back in?" With this look of panic, shock and disbeleif... It was good.

Quote Originally Posted by lilmamagrmr View Post
    This was another fun part that I didn't mention, the bichon, who IS fixed, his thingy came out, like all the way, got hair stuck to it and didn't want to go back in..... I eventually took him in back and wiped it off with a wet towel (COLD water) and it went back in before he went home but I was sitting there going "Oh, great just what I need." And the look on my fiance's face when I told him what was going on with the dogs... thingy. Priceless, he went "What do you mean it can't go back in?" With this look of panic, shock and disbeleif... It was good.
    Next time you get a dog with a lipstick, try flicking the area with your finger (near where the nuggets used to be,) that will often solve the problem.