The tests show low red blood cell count. Not Anemia like humans. Her chances are maybe 50/50 to survive this. I am devestated as she is only four years old. My first vet put her on Prednisone and antibiotics, as oddly the prednisone isn't good for the system. complicated to say the least. I called her breeder in another state and she never had one herself with it but knows of a champion who has survived four years and got it around age four. I then called an internal medicine specialist she will see tomorrow. They do chemo and even transfusions if necessary. Funny, I just deposited $1,000.00 in my savings I had saved up from tips and grooms. I need to know the treatment plan and the costs and the odds of her success, if they have any. I am so devastated and honestly do not see much hope. She won't eat this morning and she threw up upon waking up. I gave her her Pepcid and other meds and hopefully by this afternoon she will eat. I now have to get myself together and dry my tears to go groom a St Poodle easy trim. This is a new understanding client. I also must get a good nights sleep and see the specialist 9Am tomorrow then groom a few dogs in the afternoon.
Has anyone out there had this experience and any success stories? I can't believe we might loose our Baby girl. She isn't in pain, just lethargic. The dogs know I am upset when I cry. What I have read on line is not incouraging. It is hard to keep my concentration on grooming when I just want to hold her and cry.