Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Oops Long Lasting Scented Shampoo..

I need help on choosing shampoo.
    Most of my customers complained that the shampoo I use doesn't smell really good.
    The smell is there actually but it's not strong enough..
    People here really love strong smell...
    I've been use Energy Plus and Berry Delight from Espree. The smell is great actually, but when you rinse and dry the coat, the scent begin to fade away. I don't know why.

I have to spray more cologne on the dogs just to make the smell stronger.
    So, now i plan to switch products on shampoo..
    What can you recommend for the really strong scented shampoo?

Thanks guys

Default Spa Lavish, Davis Quick Dry

Spa Lavish shampoos seem to have a stronger scent that lasts after the rinse, and they smell great! The "Fresh" scent facial when used undiluted also retains its scent long after the bath. Spa has colognes to match the shampoo/conditioner scents, so you can always boost the scent with the cologne and not worry about mix-and-match scents.

Davis Quick Dry: I am actually not allowed to use this product on dogs anymore because owners complained that the floral scent was too strong. I think it smells wonderful. Quick Dry is something you spray on the dog after the bath that bonds to the water molecules and makes force drying faster. Works well too

best long lasting scents are male le poochs and soothe by show seasons. Show seasons naturals leave in conditioner leaves a long lasting scent, and lavender and clean have medium lasting fragrence

Beaming or maybe....

you know the shampoo I use on my own head smells really good, but if I had to wait 2, 4, 6 weeks between hair washes and laid on my hair all day long, the good smell wouldnt last very long. I dont think that fragrance should last forever. adding a ton of cologne is not the answer. most clients are pretty regular, same time between grooms, they know their appointment is just around the corner because jack is getting stinky. this can be remedied by bringing jack in sooner or more often, or bathing at home. you could sell small bottles of the cologne you use and offer that to customers for between grooms. sometimes layering smells keeps the fresh pet scent longer, shampoo, conditioner, leave in spray, finishisn spray, cologne, etc. one groomer told me to let each product sit a minute before rinsing or drying, you could also add cologne to damp pet as well as at the end of groom.
    there are alot of great products out there and you will get lots of opinions on what works best, but ultimately, the point of shampoo is to clean the dog, condition the skin and coat and make them look great and smell clean, but if that clean dog smelled great forever,, imagine how many clients might push their appointments back because they dont think the dog needs it.
    on the other end of that, I have a client that cant seem to understand, her 13 year old bichon mix does not enjoy the grooming process as much as she used to. and she is smellier now because she is getting old, the vet does not want to put her under to clean her teeth because she might not wake up, but putting her through the torture of a bath every other week is also very stressfull for her. I want to cry when I see her on the book because she is so sweet but she just hates the whole thing. we try to make her as comfortable as we can and get her done quickly (1 hour max), she just shivers and whimpers and tucks her body up tight, I think she has some arthritis too. sorry I got off topic.
    my opinion is most scents last as long as they need to. what are conditions at home? hair soaks up alot of oder from the air. ever spent a couple hours with someone who smokes? or sat around a campfire? come home from a baseball game smelling like beer and brats?

Not Worthy

I use GrimeInator. Love it mostly because of the smell.

www.doublekindustries.com

We use Les Pooch shampoos and fragrances and I can still smell it on my own dogs at least a week after I've bathed them, sometimes longer depending on how much they've gotten into, lol.
    Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

I think part of the reason a scent will last longer is based on how the shampoo works on the skin and coat. For this reason I really like Davis Melaleuca tea tree. The natural antibacterial properties take care of a lot of the bacteria that creates odor in the first place - thus allowing the dog to smell fresh for a longer period of time by helping to control odor causing bacteria and oil on the skin from developing as fast after the groom. It also has a fresh minty smell that isnt too flowery or perfumey.

I have been finding myself using this shampoo on more and more on dogs to the point that I am starting to use it more than my general use shampoos.

The Spa Lavish BB facial I use also has a very fresh/sweet smell that really lingers. I like that because most people hug and kiss their dog around the head, and the facial really makes that area smell nice. Makes a fresh-smelling scrub for the insides of stinky ear leather too. I just wish it had better lathering agents as it tends to gel up in my hands.

Default shampoos

I love natures specialties smelly pet. It works reakl good

I use Show Seasons and get a lot of compliments from clients about how good it smells. IN fact I just did a new client that had been using a different mobile. When I was done, she cuddled the dog and said "wow, your shampoo smells a lot better than hers did". I have been using the Lavender and just got a gallon of the apricot chamomile to try out.
    What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

I'd have to say the le pooches line is the longest lasting fragrance that I've come across. I also live the spa lavish line from tropiclean and Isle of Dogs leave a nice clean scent that isn't overpowering.

I've got to ditto the Les Poochs. I like the La pooch better than Le Pooch, but that's JMO.

I love Les Pooch but its pricey (Tearless, Cream Rinse and Vitamin) are all good
    Spa Lavish but it doesn't mix (Fresh Scent)
    Natures Specialties Plum is long lasting
    Show Seasons Soothe smells great, and if you mix the SS Drying Shampoo in with other shampoos it makes them smell awesome. SS oatmeal is good also. I dont like SS soy protien though.
    Tomyln 35:1 and Strawberry milk bath both are long lasting. Ryan’s has specials on them in the winter months for 1/2 off and its a really good deal.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast