Thread: Lyrica for Dogs

Default Lyrica for Dogs

My vet just came back from a conference where they discussed Lyrica being looked at for dogs. I just started taking this medicine and it's prescribed for human afflictions such as Fibromyalgia/shingles/nerve pain. Wow Pfizer.

Lyrica is good, if you don't mind the side effects. I was on it for a time, but I gained weight. Hubby can benefit from it, but the side effects for him outweigh the benefits. He has more health problems than I do.

Wow, thats cool. Did the vet say what type of issues they were planning on using it for. I know it has worked wonders for me.

We are taking our eldest in tomorrow to see our vet so I plan to ask her for more details about how Lyrica works with dogs or if Pfizer is just trying to sell more product.

I've heard of the weight gain side effect of Lyrica so I'm trying to stay in control. I really love to bake and this time of year is hard NOT to.

Saw a television ad today depicting Fibromyalgia victims with them eventually promoting a website. The website takes you to a medical 'solution' that links to the Lyrica website (made by Pfizer).

I hate to say it but if Lyrica works for me I don't care if Satan is behind it.

Our vet said Lyrica can be prescribed for dogs, something she did not know until this conference. It seemed like the main reason they're using it is for pain. The session was conducted by a veterinarian who spoke about how Lyrica works on pain without it being in the narcotic family.