Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Morkies?

Default Morkies?

I have two clients that have what they call Morkies. Basically Maltese/Yorkie mix. I dread doing these dogs! They don't have great hair. The owners don't do much brushing and so they need a trim that is short enough to maintain. I've tired guard combs but their coats just stick out everywhere.

Do you all do any of these? Have any advice/pictures? Help!

Carol

Big Tongue

Well, SHAZBOT!! Around here, the Yorkie/Maltese cross is a "Yortese".... I'd never heard them calle Morkies...... Nanoo nanoo.... (the "old" people around here will get the shazbot/nanoo nanoo reference).....

I groom two "morkys" the first one, a male just looks like a yorkie that did not have his tail docked, groom him like any other yorkie. The second one, a female is supposed to be a morky, however she has curly hair. I think she is actually a maltese/yorkie cross. I groom her like a bichon. With her coat, she has to have some bichon or poodle in her. On the other hand, I groom a Yorkie/poodle cross and his coat is terrible. Poodle texture, yet only waves and colics, no curls.

Quote Originally Posted by k9stylist1968 View Post
    Well, SHAZBOT!! Nanoo nanoo.... (the "old" people around here will get the shazbot/nanoo nanoo reference).....

Who you callin' OLD?

Tammy in Utah
    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Default grooming morkies

I prefer to use the longer blades; 4f, 3f, or even a 5/8HT, and I usually scissor the legs a little longer to balance.
    Deidre

I do two, and have a pic on my website...it's under the gallery page, under the letter S. Her name is Sophia. I use a C comb reverse, and trim the legs. I just got another one a couple weeks ago, I do shorter on her, but can't remember of the top of my head.
    Erin
    No Fur, No Paws, No Service.
    [url]www.LittleShopOfHowlers.com[/url]

Default I do Morkies and Chorkies

I dont know if its the "designer dog" boom or just stupid people, but here, they mix yorkies with everything. I have had one Morkie and loads of chorkies-chiuahua/yorkies that a client breeds on purpose. they are horrible and their coats suck. the chorkies arent as bad as the morkies but still have nasty coats. I do a lot of blending with my thinning sheers espescially around the back end and hips. Ive found that the owners of these dogs really wanted full yorkies but cannot afford them so they buy these for a deep discount(200 vs 800) and thats what they want, long yorkie hair. thin, thin, thin, then charge away~

I have one I do in like a snauzer clip. Looks very cute!

I have a little morkie that comes in. I clip her with my CV with a Wahl green comb attached with a 30. Then do her head like a yorkie. She's a real cutie, I'll get a pic next time she's in.

I also do one in a schnauzer clip, with a 10 on the back and thin out the legs, very cute!...one lady gets this clip on her yorkie but with tbh, not as cute but still adorable(because of the tbh) I love yorkie anything mixes with schnauzer cuts!

If the ears are right, the Morkies or Yorkies look really cute with a westie clip. The skirt and legs can pretty much be as long as you want them

Quote Originally Posted by k9stylist1968 View Post
    Well, SHAZBOT!! Around here, the Yorkie/Maltese cross is a "Yortese".... I'd never heard them calle Morkies...... Nanoo nanoo.... (the "old" people around here will get the shazbot/nanoo nanoo reference).....
    Oh Boy Mork and Mindy.. We did get some great laughs from that show
    "Whoever Said That Money Can't Buy Happiness Forgot About Puppies"
    Nancy
    [url]www.licketyclips.com[/url]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast