Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default What is a Toi Leo?

This lady wanted to bring hers in to get groomed, but i had to be honest with her that i had never heard of that before or even know how to groom it. Do any of you have pictures of it if it's a real breed? Also do you know how it's hair is styled? And how long it's been around or if it's AKC?

From what I can tell this is another designer dog and not recognized by AKC. It sseems they are a cross between a Pom & a Maltese. Everything I found was vague with no pics. There is also a Kyi-Leo http://dogbreedinfo.com/kyileo.htm. Hope this helps.

They are another "designer breed" a mutt. They are a pekingese/pomeranian cross. So of course they are not AKC registered nor is there a breed cut. Many of the pictures I saw had them in lion cuts.

Lisa

Did a quick search online and it seems they are what results when you breed two peekapoos together LOL. Some sites called the Toy Leos and some Toi Leos, so I don't know. Couldn't find any pics, sorry.
    What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

well ive heard and have groomed kyi-leos,they are small like a shihtzu,i believe they are a mix of maltese and lasa,and i dont think there is a particular way to groom them the one i do i use a #5 and short teady bear head,easy to do as long as the dog has been groomed before and not a pup
    goo dluck

If you googled it you would find that it is depending on what site you look at, a pom/peke or a pom/peke/chihuhuahua/pappillon.....Its the designer name for this mix.

Here is a picture of one I found.

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/108092

It appears they get done in a Lowchen type trim.....
    My Blog The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

I've never heard of it either, but I did a little searching on google and it seems to be a Peke-Pom mix. *sigh* yet another "designer" breed

It's a Pomeranian Peke mix... Just a mutt.
    Becky

Sounds like people breed a small, cute mix with breeds like Pom, Peke, Maltese, Poodle, etc, throw a lion clip on it, and call it a "Toi Leo" so it sounds fancy-shmancy.

Natalie

I believe that is Kyi Leo, and it is basically a Lhasa maltese mix. You can find it online

sorry

I did not even bother to look up that name, its a new one too me, still a mutt if you ask me.
    Last edited by luvpups; 06-11-09 at 04:47 PM. Reason: WRong info
    What does a dog do on it's day off?

Really Big Laugh

WOW, look at all the different responses! Hahahahahhahaha

ah, they're cute!. And now you know, they're probably want a lion cut on it! If not, just groom it as you would any cross breed. Will keep this thread in mind if I ever come across one of these cross breeds

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast