Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Yorkie in a schnauzer cut- especially the head

Im hoping someone has a picture of a yorkie in a schnauzer clip, including the head. I can find alot with the body, but not with the head. I have a customer that wants me to do it on her yorkie, and I'd love to have a picture of how he may look. I think that cut is cute on some of them.
    don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

I do quite a few of these. Just do a Westie head. That's what I do on most Yorkies anyway that are in puppy cuts. If they want a topknot, then tie it up and do everything else just like a Westie head.

Default mine

This is my sister in laws dog Gizmo.

This was my first attempt at one, so its not fantastic. No eyebrows to speak of.

I like him in this cut as he has a little longer nost than some.

I don't have one more recent downloaded yet..

I am sure you will get more.

I just go by the min. Schn. in the "notes from the grooming table" book.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by furrybestjob View Post
    Im hoping someone has a picture of a yorkie in a schnauzer clip, including the head. I can find alot with the body, but not with the head. I have a customer that wants me to do it on her yorkie, and I'd love to have a picture of how he may look. I think that cut is cute on some of them.
    Aww Dang! I just did one today, in fact he's the only one I do in that trim. Unfortunately I don't have a photo of him, I'm sorry.

I do have a supposedly "purebred" schnauzer that I KNOW with 99.9% certainty is half yorkie. Every vet, every vet tech, and me, the groomer, said, "Oh, is that a yorkie/schnauzer mix?" Oh, no, it's a schnauzer that was just undersized" (along with a yorkie coat, and yorkie face, lol). In the photo, she could pass, but if you'd seen her "before" her cut, EVERYBODY saw a yorkie in her.

Here is a photo of Pickles the "purebred" schnauzer:
    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Meet kirby, the largest yorkie I have ever seen (he is 22 pounds).......

Longer than I like him but his mom loves it this way
    My Blog The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

well this is funny that you brought up this... I've done a couple like this sch. head and eye brows with shaved ears like sch... which they liked and sch. head same eye brows and left hair on ears, folded ears to check for neatness and left long. tipping the ears too... looked different, the guy has been back and got it done again...well the second one I did the customer walked in and saw the one that I left the ears long and wanted the same cut. I was like okaa I did a 7f against the grain on body and head. just like sch.

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeyTheYorkie View Post

Here is a photo of Pickles the "purebred" schnauzer:
    pickles is dang cute!

Thanks, everyone! Those pictures are exactly what I was looking for. The wife said she's been wanting the schnauzer look for a long time. I'll do my best to take a picture if it comes out good.
    don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Big Grin I bet Pickles

is sweet, not sour. What a cute little thing.

Cute, cute and so very cute!

OMG, Kirby is adorable!! I have never seen a Yorkie in a schnauzer face, but I cant wait to talk some of my more "creative minded" Yorkie clients into letting me try one on their dog! As far as Pickles, she sure is a cutie, but somebody jumped the fence on that one. Gotta be part Yorkie....

Agree I Have one!!

In a short Sch. but still Ccutee

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast