Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    DAPER DAWG Guest

Default Sales Tax on Grooming?

Do those who lease their own business have to register to charge State sales taxes for grooming services?

Yes. As a matter of a fact, I just got done writing out my late check for last quarters sales tax.
    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

there is no sales tax on grooming in the state of ct. whether you lease or not has no bearing on collecting sales tax, if it is due.

one more thing. you still have to register and file quarterly, or yearly if you qualify, even if the amount owed is 0.

it depends on you state

No sales tax on grooming here in Ohio yet. I do sell a teeny tiny bit of retail. I do collect and pay sales tax on that.

Default WV does

We have to in West Virginia. I pay ours monthly. The beauty salons and barber shops don't have to though. I'm not sure why we do if they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxerfan View Post
    We have to in West Virginia. I pay ours monthly. The beauty salons and barber shops don't have to though. I'm not sure why we do if they don't.
    That just stinks. Could it be that the "tax collectors" think that grooming is a luxury and your own haircut a necessity? Hmmph!!!

Tammy in Utah
    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Quote Originally Posted by Boxerfan View Post
    There is no sales tax on grooming here either, neither is there for barbers and hair stylists. Wonder why its like that where you're at? strange

No sales tax on grooming in CT. They just get you on everything else. Like property tax!! I'm about to go into the poor house...hopefully it has cheaper property tax than the house I'm in now!!! $$$$
    Erin
    No Fur, No Paws, No Service.
    [url]www.LittleShopOfHowlers.com[/url]

O guess since Texas does not have a state income tax, they tax everything else that they can. We pay taxes for just about any "service" along with product purchases. So, yes, I collect and pay sales tax on my grooming services. Worse yet, being mobile, I have to keep track of the tax rate for each little town I work in as I have to collect the tax for "that" city when I am doing business there. Then file long form to turn in my sales taxes so each city gets their cut.
    What a pain.

Default 7% in NJ and it sucks

I think that says it all

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast