Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Red specks and ulcers on dog's tongue

What do you think this is? Anyone ever see this before? This is a 4 year old, N male, Bearded Collie, seems to be in great health. I have seen this on some dogs that have chewed cockleburrs out of their fur and have them stuck in their tongue, but no the case with this guy. These were little red specks of thickened taste buds and tiny ulcers or hive looking spots. I know we are not Vets, this is just my own curiosity, can't seem to find the matching symptom anywhere online.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
    www.ChrisSertzel.com

Without seeing (because the picture is still pending) I know that many times some sort of gastro intestinal issues can cause the tongue to ulcerate.

Maybe this will help? Although you may have already checked here.

http://www.merckvetmanual.com/mvm/in...m/bc/23100.htm

Wow, never seen anything like that. If that was my dog, I'd be running to the vet, just to make sure it's nothing serious. I think it's great that you show us pictures like that. If you ever find out what that is, let us know.

Looks like thrush to me.....white pastey background and red ulcers.....yeast in other words,
    My Blog The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Default strawberry toungue?

If my childs mouth looked like that I would think strep??? Strange....

Poor thing. How did you get it to stick its tongue out? Did you get it to say Ahhh too?
    LOL..my kids are driving me looney today, can you tell?

Quote Originally Posted by NeaNea View Post
    Maybe this will help? Although you may have already checked here.

http://www.merckvetmanual.com/mvm/in...m/bc/23100.htm
    Thank you Nea! Do you have the Merck Manual? Excellent book!
    Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
    www.ChrisSertzel.com

Gosh I don’t know, it does look like what happens to me when I eat sour cream and chive Pringles. I love them, but I am horribly allergic to them. I would bet food allergy.

Default looks like my tongue

i get that often. Radiotherapy nuked my saliva glands so the natural balance in my mouth is unsettled. So i suffer with oral thrush frequently. If i have something to acidic - its set off.If i have something to salty - it's set off.
    The remedy for me is pro-biotic yoghurt drinks.They balance the good bacteria. I have to have one a day. If i miss one,the thrush comes back!

Quote Originally Posted by windywaycavaliers View Post
    Thank you Nea! Do you have the Merck Manual? Excellent book!
    Yes, it was required in my Animal Health Care class in college. I LOVE LOVE LOVE having it, but it's easy to use the online version. Plus, it's up to date, mine is a older edition.

That dog needs blood work.
    "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
    People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast