Beaming Nail clippers vs. dremel?

I've heard the dremel is less stressful/painful for the dog? What do you guys think? Is there a certain nail clipper / dremel model you use?

We use the dremel 90% of the time, I think it just depends on the dog. We just have a cordless dremel that I ordered through PetEdge but dummy me saw it at WalMart for alot less!!

I know with Toby he attacked me when I would try to clip his nails. This is the only bad thing he has ever done. I started using a dremel on his nails and he lets me do them with no problem at all.

I haven't had the same luck with other dogs that I groom who don't like their nails clipped. They aren't that crazy over the dremel either. They just don't like having their feet held.
    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
    Diane

I clip the nails and then dremmel them on 95% of the dogs I groom. There are always those few that dont like one or the other. I have the regular orange handle clippers, but tried the Bamboo (they are red and white) at a friends shop and I will be buying them, they felt good in my hands. I also have the cordless dremmel that you can plug the battery in the wall when you charge it.
    What does a dog do on it's day off?

I dremel 99% of the time. The one I use I got at Home Depot and it is the kind that has a turn dial to lower the speed. It is nice and the noise level at lowest setting is about = to a Andis clipper.
    I use the lowest setting for small dogs and not quite half way for the bigger dogs. Any dog that is new to it I always start at the lowest setting and start at the rear feet. I also hold the feet as one would picking up horses feet for shoeing. I reach around and up under and hold the foot I'm working on. The dogs tummy is supported and I have control of the squirmy ones and I can see what I'm doing better. I do the same with the front, the dog's back of neck is in my armpit and there choppers are at my back, so that way my hands are far away from there mouth!!!
    The 1% that I use a nail clipper is only if the nails are super long and I can see 100% of where the quick is just to knock off most of the nail and save wear on my sandpaper disk.
    I would love to give a pat on the back of the person that started this trend. It has made a world of differents in the nail grooming area.