Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Unsure Poodle tattoo/too weird?

My favorite portrait of a headstudy of show poodle is the one of Aizbel the Aristocrat,a black mini with a perfect head,and expression,full topknot,backlit to frame face. It is in del dahl's book. I have wanted to get this done in a tattoo,on my arm. but don't want to be seen as too weird. Plus better 1/2 hates tatts! I've wanted to get this done for 10 years, still waffling. What would you guys do? Oh their is the same line in my mini pedigree,so that really would make it even more special to me.If done by a proffessional, are there any health concerns with tattoos?

Thumbs up No not at all.......

If I could have one, that is what I would want. A poodle of course, infact if you get one done you will have to show us a picture. My Husband would never allow it, however he lets me have 10 poodles running around the house, so who am I to complain. Good Luck!!!
    ***Darlynn***
    ***DON"T HATE ME BECAUSE IM POODLEFUL!!***

Animated Wink

I say go for it. You want to talk whole-heartedly with your spouse- I had to! But now HE has a nice big tattoo, also- one that I drew for him! I have tattoos, and IMO, if they are done by talented artists, they can be quite beautiful to look at- for almost everybody!
    I don't think a Poodle tattoo is weird- you will have it for your whole life, so it should be something you feel something about- and after 10 years, I would say that if you STILL want the same image, there must be something meaningful to you in it.
    If your work is done in a well known or popular salon, your health issues are minimal, but there's always those that have allergic reactions to certain color inks. But, the use of "dirty tattoo guns" is a pretty prehistoric worry anymore. I would say, visit a few salons, show them the pictures, get some quotes, look at the artists portfolios, and go from there; you can create a pretty good friendship with an artist that you feel comfortable with, and if you have inhibitions about the tattoo, good artists should talk with you about all of this so you understand. Then the last hurdle is just getting geared up for the sting of the tattoo itself- depending on what area of the body you get them applied, some people have more pain than others. If the image you want is of similar colors, you should be able to get it all done in one sitting. I bet you end up with a tattoo! Good luck, and have fun!
    Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
    www.ChrisSertzel.com

Thumbs up Go for it!

I would suggest you have it done in blackwork vs. color, it will be more real looking. Also, do your homework when looking for an artist and be prepared to pay for a good one. Buy different tattoo magazines and look to see whose work you like. It may involve some traveling. Don't expect too much detail if you want it small. I worked in the tattoo industry for a while so I can tell you that a good artist is well worth the fees they charge. Be prepared to submit the picture you want along with a deposit. Ask about their sterilization procedures. I personally have never heard of anyone contracting any diseases from getting a tattoo. Don't believe for one second Pam Anderson got hepatitis from sharing a tattoo needle with Tommy Lee......it's because she's balled a million rockers! DO IT DO IT DO IT!

I don't think it is weird. So many guys have their dream car tattooed to them. I have dog grooming related tattoos, with a new one that I am supposed to get. But my husband and I share a love for tattoos. How mad would your husband be? Would he get over it, or is it a deal breaker? My mom hates them and every time she figures out I got another one she gets mad, but she gets over it.

Default I say, go for it!

My husband plans on getting a head shot tattoo of our mini poodle, Maggie. All I need to do is take the perfect picture of her and she'll be on Daddy's arm forever! Definitely not weird!

I have a GSD on my lower back.

I say who cares what anyone else thinks. If it makes you happy, do it! That's my philosophy on tattoos and any type of body art/piercings, etc. You only get one life- and if you can do something that will make you happy when you look at it, why not??

For a portrait type piece like that, the most important thing to me would be finding a talented artist who will make it beautiful. Other than the obvious hygiene My friend did get a terrible infection with one of her tattoos- ended up on IV antibiotics and had a nasty case of cellulitis.

I'm still deciding what will be the perfect design for my Bull Terrier tattoo.

I can't see why that would be any more strange than having a flying dragon, mermaid or really, any of the other things i have seen on people!

Agree way cool tat

Ive been wanting to get my standard tattooed but cant get a nice pic of her
    Id do it
    ..Explaine wierd...arent we all?I did get hot pink paw prints up my leg is that wierd?

Default just lurking and had to comment

I have two tatts and my last one almost cost me my life. I got MRSA from dirty ink, just make sure that you check the place out first....make sure they use new ink and needles on every person that they tatt....I can never get another tatt or peircing because of one bad decision. Just my input...good luck...

a good friend of mine got a head shot of her spitz on her calf. the first time around it came out a little lopsided, but after finding a real artist, with a few touch ups it is now a buetiful peace.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast