Default the yorkie-poo face

ok, i have several yorkie poo's that i groom and i need some suggestions, how. in the world??? do you cut their faces!? i'm talking about the yorkie-poo or malti-poo doggies that have the silkier straigter coat, rather than the curly coarse poodle coat.

they end up looking like terriers and ratter to me... because the hair is wavy, and i can't tip the ears like a yorkie because they have floppy ears.... and i can't grow her face long because she matts from the owner... so i just trim around the ear to even it up and it just ends up stringy and poking out every where.

i guess i'm just asking for other ways to cut her face if at all possible... she never keeps a bow in her hair so by the time i come back 2 weeks later her hair is all in her face and wavy and just ratty looking to me especially her bangs, so i tried to thinning shear the bangs completely and blending it in towards the middle and back of her head and all that ended up doing was making her hair stand up from the middle of her head that didnt get thinned all the way down because is just ratty!!

the owner loves the way she gets cut and looks, but there has got to be a better way to cut her face.

here is kinda a picture of her i wasnt saticfied so i kept trimming up a bit more after that, she had a matt on the end of her snout a few weeks back so mom cut it off so i had to shave down whole nose to make it look better and its growing out now, i was to just scoop only near her eyes ultimately... but i dont know i was wondering if anyone had pictures of a groom yorkie poo of the likes

I think you forgot the pic.
    I posted in another thread...Check out my grooms..." Ozzy...What's the breed???" a pic of a yorkie/maltese. Oops, sorry you wanted a yorkie poo. Oh well, its a cute picture anywho. LOL
    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
    Diane

Wink yorkie-poo faces

I have found that sometimes on those floppy ears and fuzzy faces (not too good coats) that by clipping the ear entirely clean and trimming the face to be semi-full, or at least a bit srcuffy that the clean ear is really cute and it actually frames their little faces.

-sittingpretty

this is sophie a yorkipoo that just gets shaved down with a 7f then i do a 4f on top on the head and the cheeks,give her a visor,trim her beard round, and trim her ears to the leather.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Drawing the line between business and ethics

Where do you draw the line?? Being ethical can be difficult at times. I have always been against pet stores that sell puppies. I believe if you want a puppy you should get one at the shelter, there's plenty. If you want something specific contact the breed club and get a list of reputable breeders in your area and buy a good puppy with a health gaurantee....etc. Well, I'm now torn between business and ethics. The empty space next to me has been rented by the mother of someone I used to work with at the petsomething. She breeds a few small breeds yorkies and chihuahua's I think. Anyway, she's opening a petstore. They will sell puppies at this store. She told me today that if I'd help her out she would help me out. She said she'd tell everyone that bought a puppy there that they could go next door and get a bath for free. She would be paying me for the service and it would build up my client list quickly. I in return I would give a coupon to her store to all of my clients and encourage them to shop next door. I'm a new business. I'm doing great I think. I'm having no problem paying my monthly bills and have a little extra. I've only been open since Sept. so having a few extra clients would be great but I feel like a hypocrit for even considering this. It's very hard to be good sometimes...What are all of your thoughts on the subject?

Sorry, I have no idea how that last post ended up here..I'm too tired I need to go to bed.
    I will copy it and start a new thread. Ooops

My dog is a yorky - poo. Right now I have her in a Westy trim ( I dont think I have a recent pic of her)- but have also had her in schnauzer type trims and many other trims. I will try and find every picture I can of her and post it here.
    Plus some on here...
    http://www.petgroomerforums.com/chat...ad.php?t=12626

http://www.petgroomerforums.com/chat...ad.php?t=14423
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default oOo

i really like the puppy cut you had on daisy, the ears just look so much nicer and definetly not ratty... maybe i can persuade her mom to let me do a schnrz cut! perfect!