Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Mobile grooming insurance

Hi all!

I'm a grooming student doing a project that involves writing a business plan for a mobile pet grooming business. We've decided to go with a grooming trailer. I was wondering if anyone new about what kind of insurance and how much the insurance would cost for a mobile grooming trailer.

Thanks, this would be a great help. I'm excited to have found this forum for my future grooming career!

congrats. What kind of trailer are you getting? I have my business and trailer insurance through the John Glover Agency. They offer everything you need to be a mobile groomer and are cheaper (at least for me) than Gibson.
    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

if you are looking for info, you should contact Governor-Gibson. there is a link to them on this website i believe. it is really difficult to quote you prices as there are too many variables. driving record, state in which you live, levels of coverage, etc.

Default prices vary

It depends on where you are, the differences can be rediculous. You can check with gibson governer for a quote.They include many other things into packages not just the vehicle insurance.Ask them what is covered so you can get an idea of what you might want to be covered that you may not have thought of.
    They are not the highest or the lowest but they are more inclined to have added coverages for things you might other wise not even know you need or could get.

Tongue

Also, think about this as I know this is for a business plan for mobile

Type of vehicle required to pull it, cost of that vehicle, separate insurance for that vehicle, tags, registration, and so on for the pulling vehicle and the trailer itself. For me it was cheaper just to get the van instead of upgrading the vehicle I already have in order to get one big enough to pull the trailer

BTW--boy am I glad I did it too because many of the driveways I have to back up in would have been a PITA with a trailer. I work on the shores of Lake MI and have many clients living in the dunes.

I use Gibson-Governor

Also--if you are planning for a mobile business, I would also include insurance to be bonded. $10,000 coverage is usually only around $100/yr

Good luck with project

I agree with Luckydog, You will have two vehicles to insure as well as maintain. And at tax time, you have to worry about if you used the truck for anything other than business. I have a plan with my auto insurance company.

Thanks so much for all the great replies. Ya, we sent in for a free quote from Governor's but I'm afraid we won't hear back in time to finish the project. We decided to not include the cost of the vehicle since one of us already owns one that is capable of pulling the trailer. It's an SUV. We went with the trailer idea because we thought it had a better resale value than the vans. It's a school project, we had to pick something. Does anyone have an idea of how much the quote might be, if you use a trailer for mobile grooming? And thanks for the bonding info. I almost forgot about that.

Unsure I am not quite sure about the resale idea...

Check on the classified ads here. I believe that vans tend to hold their value better than trailers simply due to the fact that most mobile groomers are looking for vans and not trailers.

Also, I am not sure if you should exclude business insurance coverage on your towing vehicle. I think you would need to find out if your personal insurace coverage will cover your vehicle if you are towing the trailer for business and total it. I do know that GG offers business only insurance, but there are caveats about not having total coverage if you hold two separate policies. Be careful and sure!

Hi JCee, sorry I don't have a trailer. I pay about $2100 a year for my van and business insurance. Of course I haven't gotten this years bill yet. Maybe if you private message on of the van owners like diamonnono, they will tell you what they pay. I think no one realized you are just doing this for a school project. They all think you are buyiing a trailer.

Good Luck with your project,
    Misty

Yes this info is just for a class project. The trailers we are doing research on are from Gromingtrailers.com. They seem pretty reasonable and our budget for the whole thing is $40,000.00. None of us in our group were actually considering becoming mobile groomers in the future, but all this research has opened us up to the possibility. I think we've all decided to work for someone else for a couple years, in a shop or mobile, and then think about going into busines for ourselves. The grooming school we are going to is in the chicago land area, and I'm really enjoying it! But I must admit, grooming is exhausting and I can't wait for this project to be over. We've been working on it for about 2 weeks and its due on friday, yeah! There's a big dog show in chicago this weekend and I'm looking forward to going as some fun and relaxation. We still haven't heard from Governors insurance about the quote but we've decided to estimate about $250.00 toward the insurance if we don't hear back in time. I appreciate all the help.

I have a truck and trailer with gibson gov. They won't insure only the trailer, they must insure both. I pay $282 a month for the commercial business package and truck insurance.

I am insured thru Hartford. I have a million dollar policy that covers just about anything for my trailer, Expedition and equipment. Prices run about 2200/year. You want to have your tow vehicle insured thru your company too. If you don't have any employees, you don't have to worry about being bonded because you are already insured so don't waste your money.

Stephen: I have a question. What if you lose the pet, or you harm a pet accidentally? Are you covered? Most groomers forget this coverage.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast