Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

No No Hair splinter IN MY FOOT

I had 3 different hair splinters all on the bottom of my foot and in the same area, and of course I cannot get them out. I bought some drawing save and it worked 2 of them out but one is left and REALLY hurts alot. I have to walk on the side of my foot, it is getting infected (but I heard that is your bodys way of getting rid of it)
    I have had plenty hair splinters in my fingers but the first for my foot.
    Anyone else had them in your foot (or any weird places)????

it's why i no longer wear sandals while grooming. ouch. i feel your pain.
    Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
    "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

I had one a month go in my foot- hurt so bad, couldn't get it out. Hurt with every step, it finally worked its way out.

Wacko

Wierd places, yes, but in my feet, nope.There's nothing more painful to a Groomer than any type of foot pain.Our clinic doesn't allow any open shoes, but we can get by with clogs or crocs.Man, that sounds sore!

I've never had one, but know people who have. Keep an eye on it if it's starting to get infected. You can develop cellulitis pretty quickly, and that requires prompt medical attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Juliet View Post
    Wierd places, yes, but in my feet, nope.There's nothing more painful to a Groomer than any type of foot pain.Our clinic doesn't allow any open shoes, but we can get by with clogs or crocs.Man, that sounds sore!
    That is what I wear either crocs or some form of clogs. So not sure how the hair got under by foot when my foot was in the clog.

I have had them in my bra before. Ouch! Hope you get it out soon.

Default Are you SURE?

It's a hair splinter (or splinters) and not plantar warts? They can look the same (like a black cocker hair stuck in your foot). Don't ask how I know. Try sticking a piece of moleskin foam on it regardless of what it might be. If it's a splinter, the adhesive on the moleskin foam might grab it and pull it out, if it's not the padding will give you a bit of cushion around it.
    Peg

There are two old fashioned remedies for drawing splinters and thorns. One is to soak a bandage with honey and leave it on the splinter, the other is a small piece of raw bacon. You bandage the piece of bacon on the splinter overnight. Supposedly the splinter will be drawn (combination of salt and sugar in the bacon has drawing properties?) from you into the piece of bacon by morning.

Disclaimer: I am not suggesting this as medical advice, nor should it be used in place of seeking medical treatment. It is simply offered as examples of folk lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Juliet View Post
    >>>

Boobs. All the time, I even wear a padded bra, smock and scrub top. A couple of days ago I found a nail shrapnel in my cleavage. Gotta hate it.

Mad Mad OUCH!

I get hair splinters everywhere. I never go anywhere without a pair of tweezers. I never used to get splinters in my feet until this past month when I started wearing crocs to work. So its either have wet feet all day or pull splinters out of my feet all night. I also get alot of splinters in my cleavage and elbows. A couple weeks ago my husband seen a hair that had to be an inch or 2 long stuck in my neck!

Goofy Bottom of feet? meh - how about a toe?

How about this - I wear tennis shoes pretty often while grooming, and the ones I wore most often had that kind of mesh material on top. One day, I noticed that while wearing these shoes, my left foot hurt... a lot! I had to switch shoes, and got some relief, and didn't realize that the cause of my pain was a toe that was swelling around the nail. After another day or so, I finally had to investigate further and realized that I had an infection in one of my toes next to the nail! So I soaked it in epsom salt, and worked the infection out, and then I saw something utterly gross.... a black, dog hair sticking out! How do you get a hair splinter in your toe?! lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast