Geek Dog Hair repels deer?

Does anyone know if putting dog hair in your garden keeps deer away? And groundhogs too?

Stephen: I have deer constantly on the property, aren't they pretty eating everything. But really, yes I have tried that, but there are 2 things so true after thousands of dollars of tests. 1) a really hungry deer will take chances and 2) they acclimate to everything, the fox urine, this bad smelly treatment whatever.

Black net fencing became my best friend in the long run. I also used in summer only the water sprinklers with motion sensors quite successfully. Anything else will be challenged once they get us to it, especially if they are hungry when pickins are slim.

I did the black net fencing in my garden last year and they trampled it to eat everything inside.
    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Deer are voracious browsers!

Dog hair, human hair, and feces of carnivores will DETER them, but as stephen said, not for long.

Any fencing, net or otherwise, needs to be at least 6' tall or they will just jump it or trample it to get to the goodies inside. Another deterent is an electrified fence with several runs of charged wire at different heights.

You can also plant a "crop" of something they like better than your garden plants along the edges of your property. They will not venture deeper into your yard if there is enough food to eat along the edges. You can buy deer crops (usually seeds for clovers and such) at hunting suppy stores and this should help.

I still get the older gardeners come in and get dog hair for around their gardens, some just spread it around and some put it in pantyhose so it doesn't blow away. They think it works for the rabbits, who knows.

Somebody obviously needs to clue the deer around here in on this.

Plexi, I used to have a lady that came and picked up the dog hair to spread in her garden. She swore it kept the rabbits and whatever out! She stopped coming in, so I don't know if they got used to it or what? lol

btw Stephen, I like that southern drawl of yours, "pickens" ROFL!

Default Oil of peppermint

This is what we used in New Hampshire for the groundhogs and it will keep Deer away also. But a few years later we learned of a product called DeerOff.com works just as well. But neighbors told us you cannot use peppermint oil it must be oil of peppermint mixed with water. My husband said it was hard to find and forgot the concentration but he remembers spraying the bushes around the yard and apparently they do not like the peppermint taste or smell. Just a sugestion, he was the gardener.