Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default grooming table mats

For those of you that have made your own grooming table, what did you use on top of the plywood? I was looking for some sort of mat, easy to clean & not slippery for the dog but havenít found anything yet. If you have a mat, where did you buy it?

Default truck liner?

I really don't know what it is but my hubby made my table for me. It's iron and it's got this really heavy mat that's like a 1/2 inch thick. It doesn't get slippery and it absorbs water pretty good. It is flat on one side and rough on the other. I put the rough side down and the smooth side is what the pooches stand on. I know this prob. doesn't help much but it's like industrial flooring or something.

I bought my table but if I made one I'd like to take the top to a truck detailing place that sprays rubber liners in truck beds like Rhino Liners. I would imagine you could have a table top sprayed at the same time they are doing a truck bed for very little money if you talked really nice to them

Wink Rubber Mat

sunshinetm,

You can purchase the rubber mat for under $5.00 @ Home Depot. Hope this helps.

here's a link I found for a homemade grooming table: http://www.oes.org/page2/9058~Homema...ing_Table.html

Are you looking for tabletop covering or a mat to put on top of it? The top matting can be bought at any home improveent store, ribbed rubber like they put on stairs. I glued it down to my plywood table top. BUT i have a mat, made by Protech that I got from Gene's Salon Services in Atlanta. I put it on my table using industrial strength v elcro on the back to keep it from sliding. Its cushy and the dogs love it. It is like the ones the forever Stainless guys use in their tables. Holds up incredibly well I might add.
    My Blog The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. ĖMark Twain

Default non slip paint

You can purchase non-slip paint at home depot. I used it on a grooming table and it worked great. You do need to put on 2 coats and let it dry for about 3 days.

We are re-doing our bathing area and I am going to use this on the floor around the tub area.

I just use a yoga mat. I cut a new length when the old one gets worn and torn up. They are easy enough to clean and can be hosed off and hung to dry for deep cleaning...and they come in pretty colors, LOL!

Goofy "Uneducated" thought...

maybe the web could lead you to a site that sells a stall mat for stables, etc.
    or any good vet supply store maybe, especially if you can customize yourself?

Thumbs up yoga mat it is

I already have the plywood top painted & bought a yoga mat today, thought that sounded like a good idea to try. I also bought the industrial strength velcro to attach it. I do have access to stores that sell stall mats, with my horses I am very familiar with those stores. Thanks for all of the tips, you all are awsome.

My dad made my table almost 15 yrs ago. Today I was thinking about replacing the covering. This has been a great thread in helping me decide what I might want to try.
    What I have on it right now I got from Home Depot, the black ribbed rubber matting. It is just not looking very good anymore.
    I really like the idea about the spray on that they use on the truck liners.
    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
    Diane

Default Truck liner

You can buy the stuff that they spray in truck beds at any automotive store or Lowes etc... & do it yourself, in case anyone wants to try that. Just curious though, is the texture of that stuff rough? If so, would it be a pain to try to wipe off? I know we have used it in metal wagons for horse manure but with that, we just sprayed it off with a hose or used a scrub brush. I can't really remember how rough the texture was.

Default Horse Mat

Just got a 'horse mat' from the local tractor supply company store. Came in a 4 X 6 roll..Gonna cut it down to fit the top of my new table. Appears to be very sturdy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast