Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Rapid Electric Speedy Dryer Maintenance

Hi - Does anyone have their dryers serviced/maintananced on a regular basis? I have 3 Speedy Dryers that came with the business I purchased 2 years ago. I would like to have them checked out/serviced, but not sure who to go to. I can't seem to find a phone number or anything for Rapid Electric anywhere on the web....I thought I would call them and ask what they suggest. I am in Rhode Island.

Does anyone have any suggestions or contact info for Rapid Electric????

Thanks!

Dryers should be serviced one a year to have the brush dust and hair blown out. The brushes, motor and any other components should be checked for wear too. I do this for my local customers and if someone wants to ship me one that is fine too.

The shipping is what can get costly, not to mention the time you are with out the unit. If you can find a place local it will be quicker and cheaper. Vacuum cleaner repair centers should be able to do a dryer and if they can't check with local janitorial places to see where they get their floor dryers fixed. Dryers are not a complicated piece of equipment they are just a motor, switch, and heating elements, but some of them are just a pain to take apart or put back together.
    Tim Love............... Love's Sharpening
    123 A Hwy 80 E., #3
    [url]www.LovesSharpening.com[/url]
    Clinton, MS 39056....phone: 601-529-1973

Default dryer repair

biggest concern is to make sure all the hair is removed from the heating elements and electrical conections. Oil the bearings and check the carbons.

any qustions please call:

Tek pro Machinery 919 802 3599

24 hour turnaround . happy customers from Long Island to Raleigh, NC

I take mine to a vacuum dealer, and they do a nice job. I get it tuned up yearly or earlier. You do have to keep your filters clean and all that, depending on the dryer, but definitly try a vacuum dealer.

Tammy in Utah
    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Not Worthy Rapid Electric is now Speedy Dryers

Dear Imrotelli,

Rapid Electric is now Speedy Dryer. It is best to get your dryers serviced by the manufacturer. Their website is www.speedydryer.com/html/about_dryers.html. Tell Bruce Chuck sent you. His toll free number is 1-800-822-6628. Good Luck.

Chuck

Default speedy dryer

Thanks everyone! I did speak to Bruce directly. He has same day turn-around as well, so I'll be sending mine to him one at a time.

Thanks again!

I agree with Tammy, a vacuum cleaner shop will do for alot of dryers out there IF they want to work on them. I dont know anyone who wants to turn away money.
    Most dryers use the same motors and switches and personalize them with their own housing. Im carrying brushes that fit all the dryers from most manufacturers. The same brush fits everyones motor, go figure nothing special here.
    I found a vac shop in Mobile that serviced a "Metro' from the shop I been working in. This guy looked this HV over and told me it was more simple to fix it than some of the vacuums out there today. He also said what he saw for motors and switches he could order because they were standard commercial motors. I had a lengthy conversation with the guy trying to find a place where my customers could bring a dryer rather than ship to the manufacturer. His only comment was "Most vacuum shops can fix these dryers, but you have to find one that wants to do it"

So what I would do is what I did, take the thing around with you and show them. Dont call on the phone because you'll get a "NO" right off the bat. When they see it and see whats inside they tend to say OK.

Rapid used to be the best stand dryer on the market. Unfortunatly the original owner died and a family member took over. Hopefully that idiot sold the business to someone who knows what he's talking about. My Speedy is 30 years old and still works fine. Don't fix what ain't broken.

adogman Guest

Default Rapid Speedy Dryer

Sorry but you are totally wrong about the owner.
    Bruce has been the owner for over 40 years. Still the same great guy, great company great service. They did move from the expensive warehouse to a much less expensive lovcation but that has not in anyway affected their equipment. I just bought a new dryer from the last week. Should get it in a day or two. CAn't wait
    Maybe someone is trying to lead you astray, lie one of their competitors.

We have our dryers serviced every year, without fail. We just sent #2 in. They do it because they don't want it to go anything to fail during the Christmas season.
    "The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog." -Ambrose Bierce

I've used the Speedy dryers as well for 30 years. i consider them the work horses. I've tried others and hated them. Having to repair dryers and putting brushes in them every 6 months is a pain.

Speedy's hold up! I carry one in my truck for those little ones that can't be HVed. Mine are 20 years old, All 4 of them.

Keeping them clean and oiled makes them last. If the element burns out just order one and anyone should be able to replace it.

Default FYI

I heard a rumor years ago that the rapid desiger, went on his own and developed the black beauty. Came from a reliable source and they are 1/2 price, of the rapids...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast