New Hybrid Power Supply Option on Pet Pro Van and Pet Stylist Elite!
Significantly Reduces Fuel Use and Dramatically Increases Generator Life!
The inverter/generator system lets you maximize your fuel efficiency by selecting the power source that is needed for the task.
For example, there are 4 stages during the grooming process:
Stage One: Initial prep work (trimming nails, cleaning ears, doing pads, pattern work).
Stage Two: Bathing
Stage Three: Drying
Stage Four: Finishing Work
Out of all four stages the only time the generator is using fuel and adding hours is during stage three when a high velocity dryer is in use or when the air conditioner is used during warm summer months. These are the only appliances in a Wag'n Tails that aren't powered with the inverter because they require high amperage to operate.
Since the drying stage usually takes the most time, you'll have a generator powered, true high velocity dryer to be as efficient as possible. Time is money so why use an underpowered dryer and take longer to get the pet dry?
How It Works
The inverter simply changes 12 volt DC power from the batteries into 120 volt AC power so you can operate your lights, clippers and other appliances that plug into a wall socket.
This is the same tried and proven system we use in our famous Sprinter based Endurance grooming van.
Frequently Asked Questions
How will this new inverter/generator hybrid power supply benefit me?
1. Fuel Savings: The generator consumes about ½ to ¾ of a gallon of fuel per hour depending on the electrical load it has to carry. The inverter/generator hybrid will reduce the need for the generator by 50% or more depending on the A/C usage over the course of a year. The generator will use less fuel when it's running because it's supplying a lighter electrical load due to the other appliances being run off the inverter. Assuming a fuel savings of fifty percent translates into well over $10,000 saved during the course of a 5 year period at current fuel prices. All of this means the inverter/generator hybrid power system can fully pay for itself in about than 2 years on fuel saving alone!
2. Generator Maintenance Savings: Generators require routine maintenance. Every 150 hours for an oil change and every 450 hours for a tune up. Our average customer pays for an oil change every month and a tune-up every 3 to 4 months. The inverter/generator hybrid system significantly decreases the frequency of maintenance versus the traditional generator only system. This can cut your annual generator maintenance costs in half or more.
3. Increases generator life: If you are running the generator for half the time compared to a generator only system, it stands to reason that the life of your generator will double.
What is included with this optional hybrid system?
The system includes the following items:
1. Xantrex 2000W Inverter--provides ample power when you need it.
2. (2) AGM (Absorbed Glass Mat) Batteries--totally maintenance free and last for years.
3. Expert installation--by our qualified electrical technicians.
Who will benefit from this inverter/generator hybrid system?
If you live in a climate that doesn't require air conditioner usage twelve months out of the year, this system is for you. Why? Because A/C units require the higher amperage power supply produced by the generator to run. Essentially, the less frequent you use your air conditioner, the more benefit you will receive in savings from this hybrid system. For example, someone that lives in the Florida Keys or Phoenix and uses the A/C year-round will not realize the same savings as someone that lives in a more moderate climate and runs the A/C less.
Can this system be added to an older Wag'n Tails Elite or Pet Pro Van?
This is certainly possible but may be cost prohibitive. In order to add this system post production it would require new wiring for nearly all appliances and outlets. This would involve removing much of the existing conversion walls and equipment and installing the inverter and batteries. The parts and most importantly extensive labor hours require to retro fit an existing unit would double the cost of this option compared to a new Wag'n Tails Pet Pro Van or Pet Stylist Elite. This inverter/generator option is much more cost effective to add during the production process when the unit is being built.
Want to learn more? Call us and we'll be happy to give you all the details!
Dennis Gnetz or John Stockman
Wag'n Tails Mobile Conversions, Inc.