PDA

View Full Version : New Here Too From Indiana

Rieson
01-16-07, 05:49 AM
Decided I better jump in and introduce myself.

I've been grooming professionaly for about a year now. We grew up on a farm and I showed horses and dairy goats for many years. I learned a lot about grooming from show horses and dairy goats. I started grooming dogs for the family when my mom decided she wanted poodles.

Fast forward to today and I'm grooming part time in my home, while working a full time job. I would love to be able to groom full time.

I've already learned a wealth of information from this board and will most likely be asking a lot of question.

Kim in SD
01-16-07, 07:23 AM
Welcome aboard!! There's a few others on here that show horses and mini cows. Im sure they'll be saying hi in a few. I feel I should warn you, this is additive.

doggiegroomer
01-16-07, 08:53 AM
Welcome! WHat part of Indiana are your from? I have some friends that live up there. I live in Cental Florida and I love it!

toomuchfunbnme
01-16-07, 11:20 AM
Hello Rieson, This is a great place to learn alot and share experiences. I started out to be a groomer, but then ended up working in other fields. I've kept informed on the grooming industry and am now officially changing careers to grooming. I hope that you will be able to switch to being a full time groomer soon. Some of us are just born animal lovers and groomers! Welcome!

Gracy Rose
01-16-07, 01:49 PM
What part of Indiana? My sister lives in Evansville.

Rieson
01-16-07, 08:40 PM
Welcome! WHat part of Indiana are your from? I have some friends that live up there. I live in Cental Florida and I love it!

I live in North Central Indiana. Where do your friends live? I've never been to Florida, I'll bet it's warm this time of year. We just got 7 inches of snow today!

Rieson
01-16-07, 08:42 PM
What part of Indiana? My sister lives in Evansville.

I couldn't get much farther from Evansville. I live in the Northern part of the state.

misscatahoula
01-16-07, 11:08 PM
Welcome to the board! It's a great place to hang out. I learn something new every day just going on here (one more thing to justify my addiction to the board).

doggiegroomer
01-17-07, 09:27 AM
I have friends that live in Crawfordsville.

plushpuppy
01-17-07, 06:39 PM
Welcome and Enjoy, every one here is very nice and very knowledgeable I have learned a ton:)

Ticklfish
01-17-07, 06:58 PM
Not at all new to grooming, but very new to chat rooms. I have 25 years of experience with grooming and all types of animal handling. I look forward to all of the knowledge that is out there. I especially appreciate the willingness to share. Freezing here in Montana. Is that a greyhound?

Rieson
01-17-07, 08:24 PM
Not at all new to grooming, but very new to chat rooms. I have 25 years of experience with grooming and all types of animal handling. I look forward to all of the knowledge that is out there. I especially appreciate the willingness to share. Freezing here in Montana. Is that a greyhound?

I'm impressed with the sharing of techniques and information as well.

He's a whippet and my constant companion, I couldn't ask for a better dog.