PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Maryland

Fast Ellie
05-25-07, 06:48 PM
Hello Everyone

I've been grooming about 25 years and still am at it. Had a busy shop that I closed down in 2000 and just did part time out of my home, mainly old dogs that I've groomed for years. MMM, funny I'm starting to miss the "new" puppies and the fun of being busy, and the money!

So now I'm looking into going mobile. Think that will be great for me since I like working by myself.

I also bred miniature poodles under the kennel name of Renjo's for close to 20 years. Was very fortunate to have had training on handling dogs in the show ring so most of my poodles were owner handled to their Championships.

One of my biggest dreams was to breed a Best In Show dog. I did it!! His name was Ch. Renjo's Fast Eddie and he was the #1 Mini in 1990-1991. I finished him at 10month old and he won the William Penn Futurity at 11months old as a Champion. What a thrill it was to have a dream come true and the best part was that both his parents were of my breeding and his dam and himself went on to be top producers.

I'm retired from breeding and showing but still have a son of Eddie's named Jerry and a grandduaghter of his named Ellie. Plus a 16 year old Carin named Tyler and three cats. Big Mike, Katie Kitty and Bad Becky.(Becky's only 7 pounds but a bully)

Also had a horse that I dearly loved. Scripto was a Morgan cross but thought he was a poodle. lol He loved to come up to the fence and put his head over for the poodles to lick his nose. Had him until he was 28 when I lost him. Had a painting done of him so he's finally in the house where he always wanted to be. Guess in part he helped trained the poodles since they were never afraid of anything bigger then them.

Some of you mobile groomers are more then welcomed to send advice and comments to me. I would welcome all suggestions.

razzle1127
05-25-07, 08:27 PM
hey there, welcome fellow marylander. i am starting grooming school on oct. baltimore school of dog grooming. where in md are you? i will be looking for a job when i get out. possibly alittle on the side before i start.

laura

RevWind
05-25-07, 09:20 PM
YAAAAY another MD'er!!! I'm going to pick up my mobile trailer this weekend!
Harford County rez here. You?

Miranda
05-26-07, 07:23 AM
Your cats have great names! Expecially Bad Becky!

What part of MD are you in? I am from MD orginally.

rapuzzled
05-26-07, 07:30 AM
Hi and welcome fellow Marylander! I'm in Harford County like Revwind! Where are you?!

Harley's Mom
05-26-07, 07:59 AM
Where are you located?........I support mobile from Westminster and loving it Would love to chat further and help anyway I can......

Edited: Do not post your phone numbers on the board. Send by PM. Thanks.

Gracy Rose
05-26-07, 08:34 PM
Welcome to the board, you will learn lots of great stuff!

ssrinc5
05-27-07, 04:43 PM
hey there, welcome fellow marylander. i am starting grooming school on oct. baltimore school of dog grooming. where in md are you? i will be looking for a job when i get out. possibly alittle on the side before i start.

laura

Hi Laura - I graduated from the Baltimore School of Dog Grooming way back in 1974. I lived in Bethesda at the time, and used to commute to Baltimore every day there were classes. I didn't realize the school was still in business.

I found the lessons and instructors to be more than adequate, and in my 34th year of grooming, I still appreciate how well I was taught to groom. And if I remember correctly, the school sometimes offered jobs to their new graduates. I wonder if they still do that...

I wish you the best,
Hindy

Fast Ellie
05-28-07, 05:59 PM
Thanks you guys for welcomeing me. I live in Bowie, which is in beautiful Prince George's county(not).

ssrinc5
05-29-07, 02:32 PM
Hi Fast Ellie!

I'm sorry I didn't welcome you in my post. I used to live New Carrollton, as well as Mitchelville and Glendale from 1975 to 1979. I drove by those places recently, and hardly recognized them. The area used to be pretty rural, but now it looks much more urban. I don't know if that's good or bad, just that it's amazing how times have changed. I groomed at Bladensburg Animal Hospital (on route 450) during those four years. I didn't notice if it was still in business.

Anyway, hello again,
Hindy
p.s. Bowie isn't so bad. But I kind of agree about PG county...