PDA

View Full Version : Grooming Seminars - Why on weekends??

Kathleen
11-02-09, 04:54 AM
Last year I attended FUN IN THE SUN - loved it. Could not attend this year because there are only three groomers in shop and could not get coverage for taking weekend off. I'm sure that all groomers find weekends - Friday through Sunday (if you are open) are your busiest times. That being said, I was just wondering why grooming seminars (all - not just NDGAA) can't (or won't) be held during the week - say Monday through Wednesday. Most of us could get the time off with no problem, and traveling and hotel costs (if you are not staying at the host hotel) is cheaper. I think if these seminars were held during the week, turnout would be greater and most of us would have more $$ to spend on supplies, etc. because of being able to work the weekend before. Just curious. Thanks

SharPeiMom
11-02-09, 06:17 AM
I just plan ahead. For instance I'm already planning for Atlanta in March. A lot of us have kids in school through the week. I have to start saving for all the new and neat stuff I just know I am going to want.

mylady
11-02-09, 12:08 PM
Yeah, I could never go during the week either. I have to take my daughter to school every morning and pick her up every day, plus I have my son at home during the day. At least on the weekends hubby is home and I can get away.

Kathleen
11-02-09, 03:35 PM
Thanks for your input - yeah, my kids are all grown, but you make a valid point. Going to work 9-5 and going away for a few days is two different scenarious. That makes sense. Thanks.

windywaycavaliers
11-02-09, 08:52 PM
I totally agree.

lexapurple
11-03-09, 04:42 AM
I think they are on weekends to force a well deserved brake on groomers LOL!

Particentral
11-03-09, 05:41 AM
ACTUALLY if I am not mistaken, there is at least one show that is a weekday one.....Superzoo is a Tuesday through Thursday in 2010. Many shows offer Thrusday classes and Friday classes as well. It would be incredibly hard for me to get off during the week to go, and many of the vendors and show promotors have businesses they run M-F as well some of them on two or three people, so if they are all gone to shows there is no one to man the phone and internet orders, so they lose money.....I am trying to get time scheduled off to go to LV next year however as my kid and grands are not too far and she MIGHT be able to come up for the weekend before or after and stay a few days.......