PDA

View Full Version : Davis products

happy trails
01-07-07, 01:43 PM
Hi I was wondering where you buy the Davis products?I can't find them in the catalogs I have. I'm looking dor the Davis quick drying spray.Thanks and have a greatday

TAILSRWAGON
01-07-07, 03:03 PM
I called them directly and they directed me to the closest distributor in my area.

petstylist
01-07-07, 03:30 PM
I think you can order from them at http://www.davismfg.com/
They have online ordering on that website.

Hope that helps
Tammy

plushpuppy
01-07-07, 03:37 PM
I also called them and they gave me a dist. in my area

diamienono
01-07-07, 04:03 PM
I have never tried any of their products. I wonder if I can get some samples. I hate to buy a big bottle and find out I don't like it. I already have too much laying around that I don't like.

puppyluv
01-07-07, 05:57 PM
I really like davis products, the ear cleaner especially!

workingchihuahua
01-07-07, 06:38 PM
phone number is 1-800-292-2424

Helly
01-07-07, 06:55 PM
I have never tried any of their products. I wonder if I can get some samples. I hate to buy a big bottle and find out I don't like it. I already have too much laying around that I don't like.

If you're going to Intergroom, you'll be able to pick up 16 oz bottles there. Last time I got them they were something like $2 a bottle. The Mat Out comes in a bigger spray bottle. I think it's 32 oz.

Be sure to try Black Coat, Bronze Coat, Maximum Chlorehexidine (for yucky cocker and golden skin) Benzoyl Peroxide, Quick Dry shampoo and spray. And give the Mat Out a try. I really like it as a conditioning spray on poodles. It doesn't soften the coat, but I like the texture it gives. And use it on those cocker legs. After a couple of grooms, you'll notice less matting.

Fur Elite
01-07-07, 07:12 PM
You can go to that link listed in the post above to order on line. To do so, however, first you have to register with them as a groomer (they don't sell to the general public) and so that you don't have to pay sales taxes and get a discounted rate. Probably cheaper than a distributor, but I don't know that for sure. I always order directly from them on the internet.

toomuchfunbnme
01-07-07, 07:32 PM
Wow, I never heard of Davis products before. I'm going to check them out!

diamienono
01-07-07, 08:08 PM
If you're going to Intergroom, you'll be able to pick up 16 oz bottles there. Last time I got them they were something like $2 a bottle. The Mat Out comes in a bigger spray bottle. I think it's 32 oz.

Be sure to try Black Coat, Bronze Coat, Maximum Chlorehexidine (for yucky cocker and golden skin) Benzoyl Peroxide, Quick Dry shampoo and spray. And give the Mat Out a try. I really like it as a conditioning spray on poodles. It doesn't soften the coat, but I like the texture it gives. And use it on those cocker legs. After a couple of grooms, you'll notice less matting.

Well, I am bringing my credit card and following you around so you can tell me all the good stuff to try.

toomuchfunbnme
01-08-07, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the product tips Helly! It's really helpful to hear what the experienced groomers prefer.

Pawsitively Purrfect
01-08-07, 03:04 PM
Thats so cool I just saw this...I need fluff out and the last time I got some was in October at Cape Canaveral! Im going to get on that site pronto!

Gracy Rose
01-14-07, 10:55 AM
I buy their quick dry by the gallon and add it to my shampoo. This way I can use the shampoo I love but get the benefits of Quick Dry.

LaunderDog
01-14-07, 02:39 PM
I'm curious if you mix the Quick Dry shampoo with another shampoo, will the dog still dry as quickly as if you used it alone? I find that if I mix mine it doesn't work as well but I like to mix it with my whitening shampoo because it doesn't seem to clean as well without my adding to it.

stacie-gotg
01-14-07, 03:31 PM
Thats a good question about adding the Quick Dry to shampoo. If any of you do that how much is the shampoo diluted and how much of the product do you add. I just use the Quick Dry shampoo and never tried to mix the other two. Does it work as well?

Pawsitively Purrfect
01-14-07, 08:29 PM
I have to wonder if mixing shampoos is really ok...I would think if you play around too much it might cause reactions. Here in the south dogs seem to have a lot of allergies to grass and stuff, and though I use high quality shampoos it is usually a hypo allergenic, tear less one so no one is itchy after grooming. I keep finishing products seperate and use them as intended. I think Quick dry is sticky anyway.

bow_wow_wheels
01-15-07, 11:00 AM
They also have an email list that gives you heads up on product specials and trade show deals :)

Paws, I thought I was the only one to not like Mat-Out and Quick Dry. I got a gallon of each and they just sit here collecting dust because I think they gum the coats up too much and I don't like that!

Gracy Rose
01-15-07, 05:09 PM
Actually, the idea is in their catalog to mix the quick dry with shampoo. I like it better that way because I don't find the sticky effects when mixed.

For spray on quick dry, I use best shots spray.

travelinaj
01-15-07, 05:32 PM
I love the Davis ear cleaner and flush! They don't burn!! Also the benzol peroxide shampoo is good too. The volumizer I use sometimes as well. I like the bottle sizes because its enough to try but not too much if you don't like it. I didn't care for the Quick Dry either. I use EZ Groom's Blow Dry Conditioner. I am on the Davis email list, its not a lot of email but its good info now and then.

Shampooch
01-15-07, 05:47 PM
Iíve used several of the Davis products and like them all. I like their oatmeal shampoo and their melaluca shampoo. I also keep their fluff out and waterless shampoo around.

Pawsitively Purrfect
01-15-07, 06:27 PM
I have samples of waterless shampoo and have never tried one...what is the point? Do any of you use it, and do you like it?

Gracy Rose
01-15-07, 07:18 PM
I find the waterless more beneficial in a salon than mobile: In the salon we use it after walking a dog (feet) or if the dog salavates alot (Newfie) we can use it before we send them home.

travelinaj
01-15-07, 10:03 PM
I use the waterless in the van if someone decides they should of went to the potty before getting in the van. Not very often, but it can be handy in a pinch.