PDA

View Full Version : Taking the plunge

Puppytrax
02-27-07, 06:27 PM
Hey, this is Donna from the Nashville area. I finally have the opportunity to change careers from retail to grooming and am very excited. My friend has a daycare/boarding business and has offered me a job. One of her groomers has agreed to work with me. I have been in the animal rescue business for about
ten years so this will be a good addition to that experience. I believe that when
a dog gets fussed over and looks great they feel better about themselves and present well at adoption days. There is alot of experience and information from people who are involved in this website so I am glad to be able to have access to that.
Hello to everyone!
Donna

4Newfs
02-27-07, 07:16 PM
Welcome, and congrats on your career change. I hope you love it as much as the rest of us do!

Cosette
02-27-07, 11:56 PM
Hi Donna,
Welcome! Wishing you much success with your training and new career!
Sheri

DAPER DAWG
02-28-07, 07:22 AM
Sounds like it should be a natural transition for you. I did the grooming first and then started volunteering at the Humane Society because I figured out Wow I could use a lot more animal handling skills and dog behavior skills to help me with grooming. So your other experience will make all the difference in your confidence level. Good luck and keep us updated.

Chihuahuafan
03-04-07, 10:36 PM
Welcome! Your'e going to love it here, tons and tons of great info from awesome people. I also went from retail into grooming and it has been the best decision I ever made. I actually look forward to going to work each day now.