PDA

View Full Version : Finally Doing My Thing

FurFeathersFins
02-25-07, 08:25 PM
Hi everyone, I am new to the list and wanted to say "hi". I am finally about to pursue my dream to be working with animals, something I have wanted to do for as long as I can remember. I started working with Shelters as a Junior High schooler.

I graduated a long time back with a degree in Wildife Biology: I ended up becoming an entrepreneur for 11 years, and eventually getting into the Human Service's field for the past 14 years instead. But now, I am finally getting the chance to change careers.

I have been reading here for a short while (sorry to be lurking) and have been learning about the choices of training/schools. I am living in upstate NY and have the opportunity to go to grooming school, but only in NY. With this in mind, I would very much like to hear about the pro's and con's of certain options ( I have the list) that people may know about. I would be happy to take this off list if we are restricted from getting too specific ( I am not sure).

Thanks for your help and I look forward to learning a lot from you all.

Sundance

mustluvdogs1
02-25-07, 11:59 PM
Isn't that the name of a singer on American Idol? Sundance Head? Really, something like that...Welcome. Are you male or female...just wondering.

Cosette
02-26-07, 12:20 AM
Hi Sundance,
I don't have any helpful info to offer about grooming schools in NY but wanted to welcome you to the board and wish you much success with your career change.
Sheri

FurFeathersFins
02-26-07, 08:32 AM
Thanks for the welcome. I am a 50 year old female ( I love being 50!) living with my partner and raising 2 wonderful boys (ages 7 and 11): we got started kinda late....hhmmm, seems to be a theme <smile>.

I had the Sundance thing going before anyone on American Idol, although I couldn't believe it when he did introduce himself.

BTW, I did learn from the posts regarding what to ask when interviewing potential schools.

Sundance

rapuzzled
02-26-07, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I am a 50 year old female ( I love being 50!) living with my partner and raising 2 wonderful boys (ages 7 and 11): we got started kinda late....hhmmm, seems to be a theme <smile>.

I had the Sundance thing going before anyone on American Idol, although I couldn't believe it when he did introduce himself.

BTW, I did learn from the posts regarding what to ask when interviewing potential schools.

Sundance

Welcome to the board!

(And too funny about the Sundance thing ;)