PDA

View Full Version : WAPPS gains health insurance provider for its members

windywaycavaliers
09-18-08, 06:38 PM
That is right- I finally got a medical, dental and vision group insurance program to go thru for us.
No solicitations, no schemes, no recruitment, absolutely no joke.
I will not post a link- this is just the fastest way to get the word out to those members who post here but do not have an active email address on file with us. You must be a WAPPS member and a WI state resident to be eligible for consideration- please contact me directly at: wisconsinpetstylists@gmail.com if you are interested.

SpikeyTheYorkie
09-18-08, 07:01 PM
Amaze me.

Congratulations on doing something I thought was impossible. That is very awesome.

Tammy in Utah

Moonpiepoodlz
09-18-08, 07:13 PM
that is so cool!!! Way to go Chris

windywaycavaliers
09-18-08, 07:33 PM
Amaze me.

Congratulations on doing something I thought was impossible. That is very awesome.

Tammy in Utah

I thought is was impossible, too! For a long time it was- but- I really wanted to come thru for our members on something that is important to EVERY independent business person- not just us groomers- and ahhh- finally!!

scullysmom
09-19-08, 08:01 AM
That is really cool!!!!!!

doggydivas
09-19-08, 09:13 AM
Congrats!

Dog Daze
09-19-08, 12:02 PM
Please share how that was accomplished.

Did you go through and insurance company?

Do your employees have to pay into it?

How expensive is it?

It would be nice to do this in every state.

darbygoo
09-19-08, 01:08 PM
Can the girls that work for me get it to if they are members since they are not groomers? i will call you.
That is great Chris!!!

windywaycavaliers
09-19-08, 05:56 PM
Can the girls that work for me get it to if they are members since they are not groomers? i will call you.
That is great Chris!!!

No- sorry, Darby- we aren't close to the place where we can work something out for the employees of the business owner- yet- but that is the next step. What this means is that each individual owner (and their family), or group of owners (and their families)- if there is an Incorporated business involved, or an IC situation are eligible for the coverage. Whether you are mobil, housecall, homebased or salon based (single or multiple)- if you are a business owner you have access to the insurance program and the business package benefits. Now, your employees COULD get the insurance for themselves (& their families) if they are working solely for you and not eligible for corporate insurance at say another p/t job. But they do have to be full members- not under the wing of the salon membership as an associate member of WAPPS- as the benefit plan is sponsored thru us. But they could not get insurance thru your business w/o paying the full 100% cost of the policy-whereas you- the business owners can choose from 60/40, 70/30, 80/20 or 90/10- either way- you will save a lot of $$ on excellent medical, dental and vision coverage from ANY care provider of your choice-(which means no changing practitioners just because you have new insurance) all on a PPO level plan. The insurance also includes up to $12,000 of life insurance (not that much!) at no additional cost. If you have any questions you can call me- keep in mind that we are planning another assoc. meeting and having the Rep. from the Insurance firm attend to talk to everyone. No pizza & beer- sorry guys! BUT I promise to feed you! And feed your minds, too- if they are hungry!

windywaycavaliers
09-19-08, 06:23 PM
Please share how that was accomplished.

Did you go through and insurance company?

Do your employees have to pay into it?

How expensive is it?

It would be nice to do this in every state.

Hello!
Yes- I am now dealing directly with an insurance company that only provides insurance for independent business owners. I am still working on trying to get a plan in place to offer to the business owners who are WAPPS members similar to what the corporations have for their employees (and charge them WAY too much for-especially since they don't pass along any of their big industry kick-backs to their employees on their policies)- but it is plainly better coverage and far less expensive to the insured. I cannot give insurance advice as I am not in that position- but I am relying what I have learned and been told by all the reps I have dealt with. Every state's offers are different- but you can only successfully have the insurance offered if you are an independent business person(self employed)- some states may have this insurance to not only the business owners but also the employees- I am not sure- but for us- as a not for profit association- we get the best rates and just as good of coverage as the "big guys"- so we are thrilled!
As for who to start with to find out about eligibility-when this all started- my very first call was to the NASE- and their number is: 800-232-6273. They are nonprofit and nonpartisan- and a great place to start. Good luck!- and be excited because we CAN afford insurance that is dependable and reliable- on our own!

tmenne
04-01-09, 04:20 PM
Can you get insurance for members who live in other states. I live in MN and as far as I know there isn't an active groomers organization. I would love to join your group if you will allow me but will I still get the same membership benift beside the insurance as other members? Thanks

gottalovegracie
04-01-09, 05:40 PM
windyways....pm me please with the address for WAPPS! I need to send you my enrollment form but have no address!! Thanks, Elaine

Max'sMom
04-02-09, 04:59 AM
You are really on the ball, I am sooo impressed!!!