PDA

View Full Version : Any Ohio Associations?

lolo77
05-20-08, 11:11 AM
Does anyone know of any Ohio grooming associations, particularly in the greater Cincinnati area? I've been grooming for 10 years and would love to become top-knotch in all areas of grooming and think that a "local" association would be a great resource to have available!

I Care
05-20-08, 11:43 AM
Not that I know of, but I will be watching this threat to see if anyone else knows of one.

green_poodle
06-10-08, 08:33 PM
That is a really good question, I would also love to see something. I live in SW Ohio, I have been really wanting to learn more!

Lisa

Dirtyhairy
09-06-08, 01:00 PM
because I thought I was gonna have to come down from ne, Oh.
Greater Cleveland needs a chapter/association,stat, in my type-A opinion.
I better subscribe to this thread so I don't get left behind! :)

lolo77
10-01-08, 10:59 AM
Think we could start one ourselves? Any takers?

I Care
10-01-08, 11:57 AM
I wouldn't have the first clue about how to go about doing that, since I'm still just really learning grooming ect.... But I will be watching this thread to see if anyone else does. I would be interested in finding out more. Anyone have any suggestions?

I Care
10-02-08, 04:58 AM
Wow Lolo there wasn't even anyone that wanted to post about this :-( Even if you not from Ohio can anyone give any idea how to go about doing this?

kputman
02-27-09, 09:46 PM
I'm in Cincinnati, too. I think we could get something going here. If any of you are going to Atlanta, we could talk then. I'll be in and out of the ISCC booth.

Kathleen

dogbuzzer82
08-04-09, 04:55 PM
There isn't a Dog Grooming Association in the Tri-State area, however, The Professional Cat Groomers of America are located up near Cleveland and they travel to the different trade shows.

groomerskv
08-04-09, 05:48 PM
I'm from West Central Ohio and would love to be part of a groomers' association. I've been grooming for 7 years and always love continuing education. I've just started looking into IPG.

Susanna

mylady
08-04-09, 09:30 PM
Windyway started WAPPS I believe in her state. I think she'd probably be the best person to ask about what goes into starting an association. I used to live in Toledo and would have loved to have something in OH to be part of.

I Care
08-05-09, 04:06 AM
Anyone looking to be part of an Ohio or Tri-State association for Ohio, contact kputman on this board she also has another thread on here about this http://www.petgroomerforums.com/chat/showthread.php?t=28951&highlight=ohio